|Structure Type: ||Course|
|Credits: ||5.0 points|
|Responsible Teacher: ||Virtanen, Henrik|
|Language of Instruction: ||Finnish|
Course Implementations, Planned Year of Study and Semester
|Curriculum  ||Semester  ||Credits  ||Start of Semester  ||End of Semester|
Course at Keski-Pohjanmaan AMK.
Students learnt to think strategically in an business context and can utilize strategic thinking in different types of organizations. Student knows how to further develop own strategic thinking skills. Student can evaluate business's growth potential and what kind of requirements does growth generate for business and its management. Student learns generic competitive strategies and can participate in the creation process of strategy. He/she knows different tools that help to implement strategy. Student knows how change process unfolds and knows what kind of factors are at play.
Total work load: 135 h.
- scheduled studies: 24 h.
- individual studies: 111 h.
Prerequisites / Recommended Optional Courses
- Strategy work and its critical components
- What constituents successful business
- Analyzing environment
- Identifying business's resources and competencies
- Shaping strategy
- Implementing strategy
Recommended or Required Reading
• Johnson, Scholes & Whittington: Exploring Corporate Strategy
• Kamensky, Mika: Strateginen johtaminen
• Luoma, Mikko (2007). Strategiatyön kontekstit – Haasteena järjen ja tunteen pelikenttien hallinta. Teoksessa: Strategia tunteet ja toiminta s. 29–45, toim. Pauli Juuti. JTO-Palvelut Oy.
• Other material to be annouced during the course.
Mode of Delivery / Planned Learning Activities and Teaching Methods
Lectures, discussions, litterature assignment and/or company cases. A development assigment connected to the employers business.
To be announced.
Particiaption 35%, litterature assignment and/or company cases 65%.