|Structure Type: ||Course|
|Credits: ||2.0 points|
|Responsible Teacher: ||Hartman, Tuula|
|Language of Instruction: ||Finnish|
Course Implementations, Planned Year of Study and Semester
|Curriculum  ||Semester  ||Credits  ||Start of Semester  ||End of Semester|
The student will require a view of entrepreneurship in general and the skills required for self-employment. The student familiarizes him/herself with corporate planning and the criteria for choosing the form of enterprise. The course will give the student a basic knowledge in establishing a company. The student gets acquainted with the procedures and required documents in connection with establishing a company. The course will also familiarize the student with registration in the Trade register and the student should understand the meaning of registration.
Total work load 54 h
- max 20 h lessons, case studies and excersises
- self studies 34 h
Prerequisites / Recommended Optional Courses
Previous studies not needed.
Entrepreneur and enterprise environment, qualities of an entrepreneur, entrepreneurship as a career and occupation, establishing a business, corporate planning. Choosing the company form, establishment procedures and documents. Trade register and trade name.
Recommended or Required Reading
Legislation in force
Toiviainen, H. 2008. An Introduction to Finnish business law. Helsinki. Edita
Mode of Delivery / Planned Learning Activities and Teaching Methods
Lectures, project learning, group work, discussions, individual studies and presentations
- give reasons for solutions made when acting in tasks of an expert
- use independently various problem solving methods
- apply the professional ethical principles
take into account the responsibilities and obligations connected with the utilisation of information (e.g. copyrights and plagiarism)
– utilise the problem-solving methods learnt during the study unit
- find the essential parts of the problem
- recognise the area of expertise in his/her field
- utilise the problem-solving methods dealt with during the study unit when given guidance
- has a positive attitude towards developing
- identify the values of the field and the professional ethical principles
Active course particiption, assignments, written exam. Numerical (0-5).