|Structure Type: ||Part of Course|
|Credits: ||2.0 points|
|Responsible Teacher: ||ila, Margit|
|Language of Instruction: ||English|
The student will require a view of entrepreneurship in general and the skills required for self-employment. The student familiarizes him/herself with corporate planning and the criteria for choosing the form of enterprise.
The course will give the student a basic knowledge in establishing a company. The student gets acquainted with the procedures and required documents in connection with establishing a company. The course will also familiarize the student with registration in the Trade register and the student should understand the meaning of registration.
Total work load of the course:54 h
-of which scheduled studies: 26 h
of which autonomous studies 28 h
The assesment of student's own learning 1 h is included in contact lessons.
Prerequisites / Recommended Optional Courses
Entrepreneur and enterprise environment, qualities of an entrepreneur, entrepreneurship as a career and occupation, establishing a business, corporate planning. Choosing the company form, establishment procedures and documents. Trade register and trade name.
Recommended or Required Reading
- Establishing and doing Business in Finland, Edita Publishing 2009
- Legislation in force
- Lecture materials
Mode of Delivery / Planned Learning Activities and Teaching Methods
Lectures, project learning, group work, discussions, individual studies and presentations.
- give reasons for solutions made when acting in tasks of an expert
- use independently various problem solving methods
- apply the professional ethical principles
take into account the responsibilities and obligations connected with the utilisation of information (e.g. copyrights and plagiarism)
– utilise the problem-solving methods learnt during the study unit
- find the essential parts of the problem
- recognise the area of expertise in his/her field
- utilise the problem-solving methods dealt with during the study unit when given guidance
- has a positive attitude towards developing
- identify the values of the field and the professional ethical principles
Active course particiption and assignments 40%, written exam 60%. Numerical (0-5).