Kajan, Elina ; Vekara, Outi ; Sundqvist-Kekäläinen, Mirva
Language of Instruction:
The student can create a client -oriented cooperationrelationship to the client/to the patient and their close relatives.
The student learns to identify the changes in the patient and the nursing needs of the patient.
The student knows how to support, the patient´s/client´s health and recources.
The student can use the key clinical methods of treatment and rehabilitation individually with each patient.
The student is able to plan, to document and to report nursing. The student carries out pharmacotherapy under supervision and follows the effects of pharmacotherapy
The student can apply theory knowledge in practical care settings.
The student acts ethically in the care relation and in the work community.
The students understands the meaning of supervision and evaluation for his/her own professional development is motivated to work in nursing.
Total work load of the course h
of which the assignments 32 h
Prerequisites / Recommended Optional Courses
Basics of Clinical Nursing, Basics of Pharmacotherapy, Introduction to Clinical Practice
- is motivated to work within nursing
- can create a client-oriented cooperation relationship to the client /to the patient and to their close relatives
- can identify changes which take place in the patient's state and the nursing needs
- is able to support the patient´s health and resources
- can perform the most important clinical treatment and rehabilitation methods individually for each patient
- is able to plan, document and report nursing
- can carry out medical treatment safely under supervision and follow the effects of pharmacotherapy
- can apply theory knowledge in practical care situations
- can work ethically in the care relation and in the work community
- can work in a mutliprofessional team
- can understand the meaning of supervision and evaluation for his/her own professional development
- does does not follow the priciples of professional secrecy
- does not follow the rules and regulations
- endangers patient safety
- is not motivated to work in nursing
- is not able to create a patient-oriented cooperation relationship
- does not identify the care needs of a patient/ client and is not able to support the client
- is not able to use the most important methods of treatment and rehabilitation
- is not able to plan, document nor report nursing
- is not able to impelement pharmacotherapy
- is not able to apply theory in practice
- does not follow the ethical principles
- is not able to work in multiprofessional teams
- does not understand the meaning of guidance and supervision for his/ her own professional development
Pass-evaluation on the clinical practice period and assignment.
Supervised clinical practice in the units of mental health work, psychiatric- and intoxicant work. Assignment.