|Structure Type: ||Course|
|Credits: ||3.0 points|
|Language of Instruction: ||Finnish|
Course Implementations, Planned Year of Study and Semester
|Curriculum  ||Semester  ||Credits  ||Start of Semester  ||End of Semester|
The student knows
• the criterions of science
• how to evaluate the credibility and reaiability of knowledge
• the principles of doing research
Amount of work altogether 81 h, of which 24 h of contact hours and 57 h of independent study.
The assesment of student's own learning 1 h is included in contact lessons.
Everyday thinking, science, the phases of the research process, research approaches
Looking the local area from research perspective
Become acquainted with international research method literature and research publications and make good use of them
Recommended or Required Reading
Material pointed out by the lecturer
Mode of Delivery / Planned Learning Activities and Teaching Methods
Lectures, exercises, network studies.
Grade 1: the student knows
- the criterions of science
- the requirements of a thesis
Grade 3: the student knows
- how to search knowledge with the criterion of science
- how to formulate research question in guidance
Grade 5: the student knows
- how to apply the knowledge basis of the field
- how to independently formulate research question to solve the research question in hands
Active participation, passing the given assignments. Grading scale (0–5).