A Student who already owns the right to study in some Finnish Polytechnic or University of Applied Sciences can in certain conditions be admitted to Vaasa Polytechnic / UAS.
A student can be admitted to Vaasa University of Applied Sciences´s undergraduate degree programme outside the national Joint Application System if:
- The applicant has enrolled as a student of the Polytechnic / University of Applied Sciences
- The student is transferring from one Polytechnic / UAS to another to complete the same degree in the same degree programme.
- The student resigns from his/her former polytechnic / UAS.
- The transfer student is able to complete the degree within the remaining study time.
- In youth education the right of transfer applies only to students who have studied at least one semester in the degree programme/polytechnic/UAS in which they were originally admitted. The right of transfer does not apply to the transfer between the forms of education – from youth education to adult education, or vice versa.
Transferring within the Polytechnic/UAS to another degree programme is possible only within the same field of study and with the same admission criteria. More detailed instructions on transfer student admission can be obtained from Vaasa UAS Quality System Directives. Dean makes the decision concerning transfer student admission.