Practical Information


You can, of course, drive to Vaasa. If you come from Helsinki, the straightest way is to come along the high way E12 through the city of Tampere. If you come from Turku, you can take the high way E63 to the city of Pori, and continue with taking the high way number 8 along the coast to Vaasa.

  • Please note that gasoline is very expensive in Finland, so it is not cheap to drive!
  • In Finland seatbelts are compulsory front and back!

A driver’s license issued in another Nordic country or in a country belonging to the European Union is needed to drive a car in Finland. Foreigners who have a driver’s license issued in a country that has signed the Road Traffic Convention of Geneva or Vienna are entitled to drive in Finland with their license for one year from the date of the license holder’s entry to Finland. Students coming from the countries that have not signed the Convention need to obtain a Finnish driving license in order to drive in Finland.