There is a WLAN network infrastructure in the Palosaari campus area and on Raastuvankatu, which makes wireless networking possible within the school/campus area (VAMK and the University of Vaasa). The speed varies between 11-300 Mbps and follows the 802.11 (a,b,g,n) standard.
Eduroam wireless network and network roaming
“Eduroam” is a wordwide wireless Academic network. It has a roaming feature, so you can use same userid and password in every eduroam network. All roaming networks are listed at eduroam.org homepage. You have to have a valid VAMK userid to use eduroam network. If you have problems, please contact to Student Helpdesk
To use eduroam, you have to configure eduroam using insructions below
To use eduroam, you have to install a eduroam security certificate.
Instructions to install certicate and configuring eduroam network (PDF).
Sertificate installation (windows7)
Apple computers (OSX)
- Download certicate (www.puv.fi/eduroam.crt). Remember location!
- Connect to eduroam using Network manager.
- Wireless security: WPA & WPA2 Enterprise
- PEAP version: automatic
- Eap method is: PEAP
- Inner authentication: MSCHAPv2
- Username os VAMK username. Format of userid is:email@example.com.
- CA certicate: Vamk eduroam (eduroam.crt) cerficate.