The easiest way to get to other towns in Finland is by train. The train connections are very good in Finland and you can reach Vaasa by train from almost every city in the country. If you arrive to Helsinki – Vantaa airport, you can take a train to Vaasa from the central train station in Helsinki city centre. This is how you can do that:
- When you get out of the airport main doors, you can see a lot of busses leaving for Helsinki.
- Take the Finnair Bus, it takes you straight to the central train station in Helsinki.
- The ride costs about 6 € (05/2008)
- When you reach the train station, buy yourself a ticket for the next train to Vaasa
For train timetables, rates and tickets see www.vr.fi
When you have arrived in Vaasa and enrolled in VAMK, you can buy a student discount card (6 €) from the Railway Station or Bus Station. It will entitle you to buy tickets at a student discount of 50 % for the train or bus. You will need the following documents:
- VR-Matkahuolto Todistus (VR-Matkahuolto Certificate) signed and stamped at VAMK
- One picture