VAMK’s and Yrkeshögskolan Novia’s social and health care students study in the shared premises of Alere -facility on the Palosaari campus.
Renovated for the demands of modern teaching, Alere offers the students, besides cosy premises, also shared courses and teacher exchange between Finnish and Swedish education. The cooperation significantly strengthens the students’ competitiveness in the bilingual working environment of the Vaasa region.
VAMK and Novia have been developing this joint venture, formerly known as Medibothnia, since 2009. Partners in cooperation are SÖFUK (Svenska Österbottens förbund för utbildning och kultur -federation of municipalities and education, the city of Vaasa, and Vaasa hospital district. YA Yrkesakademin i Österbotten, that formerly used the facility, has moved to Old Vaasa.
Alere (Address: Wolffintie 27-31, 65200 Vaasa)
- VAMK’s and Novia’s shared learning environment of health care and social services
- Together 1500 students, 80 personnel
- VAMK educates nurses, public health nurses, and Bachelors of Social Services
- Novia educates midwives, public health nurses, nurses, Bachelors of Social Services, Bachelors of Beauty and Cosmetics, Bachelors of Health Care (Biomedical Laboratory Science), and radiographers
- Research, development and innovation operations of social services and health care
- Over 10 000 square metres including the 180-seater Florence-auditorium, 40-seater Wrede-auditorium, and a roofed, over 600 square metre Square for arranging different events.